Dr Md Tanvir Sowgath
Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering Department,
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka 1000 Bangladesh
Personal Website: https://tanvirsowgath.com/
· 10+ years of experience in teaching and research and industry
· Experience in delivering presentations to academic and industrial audiences
· Strong academic research collaborations with other universities.
Associate and Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering Department, BUET, Bangladesh
● Delivering Undergraduate and Post Graduate lectures
● Supervising Undergraduate Postgraduate Projects
● Collaborating different research with industrial/academic partner
● Conducting different testing methods (ASTM/API) in Laboratory for the clients of the Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation, BUET
● Administrative duties include Secretary to Undergraduate Board, Postgraduate Tabulation.
15 September 2016 30 September 2017
Honorary Visiting Academic University Of Bradford, UK
November 2007 - December 2007
Research Assistant, University Of Bradford, UK
April 2003 - March 2008
Seasonal Part-time Computer Engineer, Worldwide PC UK Limited, Bradford, UK
Workshop Instructor and Organizer at Meghnaghat Power Limited, Bangladesh
Workshop Instructor and Organizer at IEB, Dhaka and BUET, Bangladesh
Summer trainee placement from BUET University at TSP Complex Ltd (a company of BCIC) Bangladesh
Technical Member of Petrobangla, Bangladesh to asses the plant production problem
Technical Member, CASE project, Department of Environment, Bangladesh
PhD December, 2007
University of Bradford, Bradford, UK
B.Sc in Chemical Engineering April, 2002
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh
Intelligent Safety study using Neural network techniques
A simulation study of Fertilizer Company and Zia Fertilizer Company in Bangladesh in Bangladesh using Aspen HYSYS and Aspen plus
Optimization study of Kailashtilla Gas Processing Plant
Neural network-based model development of Kailashtilla Gas Processing Plant
Modeling, and MINLP Optimization Study of Desalination process
Low-cost water treatment techniques development for Bangladesh
Mathematical Models in Chemical Engineering
Special Topics in Unit Operations
Chemical Process Design (Chemical Process Design)
Process Design II (Project Engineering for Chemical Engineering)
Industrial Pollution Control
Computational Technique in Chemical Engineering (Matlab)
Material and Energy Balance
Computer-Aided Process Design
Optimization of Chemical Process
1. I. M. Mujtaba, Salih M. Alsadaie, Mudhar A. Al-Obaidi, Raj Patel, M. T. Sowgath*, and Davide Manca (2017). Desalination: Processes, Technologies, and Challenges. In book: The WaterFoodEnergy Nexus. Eds I. M. Mujtaba, R. Srinivasan, N. O. Elbashir.
2. Sowgath, T. M., Mujataba, I.M. (2017) Design of Reverse Osmosis Process for the Purification of River Water in the Southern Belt of Bangladesh. Chemical Engineering Transactions. 61: 1159-1164.
3. *Sowgath, T. M., (2015). Minimise the Operation Schedule Time to Meet the Daily Fixed Water Demand of MSF Desalination. Chemical Engineering Transactions. 57: 463-468.
4. *Sowgath, M. T., Rahman M. M., Nomany S. A., Sakib M. N., Junayed M. (2015). CFD Study of Biomass Cooking Stove using Autodesk Simulation CFD to Improve Energy Efficiency and Emission Characteristics. Chemical Engineering Transactions. 45: 1255-1260.
5. *Sowgath, T. M., Mujtaba I.M. (2015). Meeting the Fixed Water Demand of MSF Desalination using Scheduling in gPROMS. Chemical Engineering Transactions. 45: 451-456
7. Sowgath, T., Mujtaba I. (2008). "Less of the foul play." Chemical Engineer(804): 28-29.
8. Tanvir, M. S., I. M. Mujtaba (2008). "Optimisation of design and operation of MSF desalination process using MINLP technique in gPROMS." Desalination 222(13): 419-430.
9. Sowgath Tanvir, M. and Mujtaba I. Mohammed (2007). Optimisation of MSF desalination process for fixed water demand using gPROMS. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. P. Valentin and A. Paul Şerban, Elsevier. Volume 24: 763-768.
10. Tanvir, M. S., Mujtaba I. M. (2006). Modelling and simulation of MSF desalination process using gPROMS and neural network based physical property correlation. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. W. Marquardt and C. Pantelides, Elsevier. Volume 21: 315-320.
11. Tanvir, M. S., Mujtaba I. M. (2006). "Neural network based correlations for estimating temperature elevation for seawater in MSF desalination process." Desalination 195(13): 251-272.
Associate Member of IChemE, UK Senior Member AIChE, USA